Friday, May 28, 2010

Well, this just happened... Happy 10 Months (and 1 Day!)


Eric and I were sitting in the living room (about 15 minutes ago) having just put Elliot down for his afternoon nap. Suddenly I heard a "whap! whap! whap!" coming from the bedroom. I quickly scanned my mental inventory of the things within his reach in the crib and realized, there is NOTHING in there he could be making that noise with, unless... "Do you think he just figured out how to pull himself up in the crib?" I looked at Eric. He said "No! Well... maybe you should go check."

There our not-so-little guy was, happy holding onto the top of the crib, whapping away with his hands on the wood. I guess we'll be figuring out how to lower that mattress this afternoon...

Elliot turned 10 months old yesterday, and with that we continue to usher in the "The Older He Gets, the More Quickly He Turns out Tricks." Not, you know, THAT kind of "turning tricks" (clearly) - it just seems that EVERY day he accomplishes something new for the first time.

Last night Eric gave him his bath and took him into the bedroom to get him into his pj's. When I went in to nurse him, Eric looked at Elliot and said "Elliot, what does the fishy say?!" Elliot looked right at me and made the "fishy noise" (basically, smacked his mouth open and closed a few times.) WHAT?!

Earlier in the day (ALSO YESTERDAY, seriously) we were having dinner and when Eric got home, I said "Elliot, give mama a high five" and held out my hand "SMACK!" He promptly delivered a fantastic fiver. This trick I had taught him mere hours earlier, during lunch.

He is crawling around like a maniac, dancing whenever he hears music (whether it be the radio or one of us singing) pulling up onto toys and supporting himself with one hand while playing with the other, and just this morning he added "ta-ta-ta-ta" to his ever-growing routine of babbling syllables. (His favorites still being "da-da" and "ba-ba" - I insert another plea here for more "ma-mas." One day, one day.) He loves, LOVES the cats... and those poor beasts are tormented now that he can chase after them when they try to escape. And now I sit here listening to him smack his hands on the top of the crib, proof that he has pulled himself up yet again. I think this nap is sunk, but it probably didn't help that I went in and flashed the camera in his face to get pictures of this event. Oh well, it was too good not to capture on film.

May has been a pretty awesome month for Elliot, and for us as his lucky parents. Our never-quite-little-little-boy is growing up, and it is sincerely the coolest thing I have ever been lucky enough to witness. Time literally flies... and I CANNOT believe next week is the beginning of June, because that means July is next. I'm so ready and so incredibly NOT ready for our boy to turn 1.

Happy 10 Months (and 1 day,) my Elliot.


6 comments:

Sarah at The Stroller Ballet said...

Isn't it amazing how quickly they grow! My husband and I were just talking today, saying "Peanut seems to have become a little girl in the last two weeks or so!!" I think it just keeps getting better and better, really!

Kelly said...

Happy 10 months Elliot!! You are getting so big. :)

Unknown said...

Isn't this such a fun age? Nothing cuter than baby dancing and high fives. Isabella will be 1 in about 3 weeks and it's so amazing to see how much she's grown and developed.

Happy 10 months Elliot!

Mama Hen said...

Happy ten month birthday!! They grow so fast and they are quick to learn new tricks. I remember when Little Chick started climbing out of the crib. That was the end of the crib. Have a great weekend!

Mama Hen

twinkietotmom said...

Stopping by from Completely Eclipsed! Congrats on being featured...consider me a new follower! My girls turned 10 months old on the 31st...so our kids are just days apart in age! Your son is a cutie...luckily my girls have not figured out how to pull up on their crib yet though :) Keeping fingers crossed that we make it a little longer before they do!

Genevieve said...

My goodness is he cute! Luke just started standing in the crib too and he is out of control with it. For a few days he would standing for like a half hour before going to sleep! Also, once they can stand, they can supposedly use the bumper as a step-stool to send them flying over the edge. So it's a lose-lose situation. No bumper = head bumps, bumper = flying out of crib. Ahhhh! Luke already whacked his face once this week.

Post a Comment