My son is an angel. No seriously, I mean, look at that FACE! And, 97% of the time, he is a sweet, laughing, playful, content little dude. Other than some possible, *ahem* colic the first few months of his life, and then some awful times getting him to sleep, he really is a chill little dude. Which means that for about the last 5 months of his life, we have had an easy time of it. He's an angel, I'm really lucky, and I know that.
However, the past two days?! He has been a howling, moaning, crying, snot dripping Creature from a Deep Dark Pit. Usually, this would just be occasionally frustrating. I mean, when you are the one responsible for entertaining your wee beastie all day (as I am) it gets tough when it feels like NOTHING is making him happy. And that's kinda how it's been. Every now and then something will work for a few minutes - BLESSED REPRIEVE! Or yesterday, a cruise through Ikea lasted him about an hour. MIRACULOUS! But soon whatever distraction I have been able to dredge up fails, and he's back to the constant whine/moaning. Generally, while occasionally frustrating, it's just another part of the job. A part that doesn't happen often, him being an angel and all.
However yesterday? The nasty sick bug that he is fighting he decided to generously share with me. Somehow, miraculously, the last 2 times he (and Eric) have gotten sick I have escaped it. Not this time. Now I understand all the moaning; I feel like total ass. Headache, congestion, and a serious sore throat. 0 energy, which is especially tough, given the Moaning Beastie that I need to distract every minute.
Now I wish I could crawl around moaning and have someone distract and care for me. However, that's not the case. And so by Elliot's dinnertime last night, I was wasted. I felt like I had nothing left to give him... yet he still had plenty of groans of displeasure to share with me. I was running on empty, and fighting words of frustration. It's not his fault, he feels like ass and I get it, I REALLY get it, because I feel like ass too
.
Thank goodness for friends. Lisa came to my aid, cooked an amazing pasta dinner (ground turkey, onions, tomatoes, squash, YUM) and vegged with me on the couch. Her friendship gave me the space I needed to moan a bit, and her generosity gave me the energy I needed to deal with the rest of my evening... which included Elliot waking and crying from 3-4:30, poor bug.
Let's hope today goes a bit better...













5 comments:
awww!! what an awesome friend! i wish she was my friend! :) i hope you and elliot are feeling better real soon, being sick stinks. hugs!
:( That sucks. I hope both of you feel better soon!
hope you both feel bettter soon!
oh noes! I hope you and your fam feel better soon. :(
Hope you guys feel better soon. Don't you hate it when they play Jeckell and Hyde with you? Isabella's been a cranky pot for the past few days I hope it's just an attitude problem and she's not sick.
Post a Comment