Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Beauty of Blogging...


Part of what I love about blogging is the ability to share my experiences and vent when I find mamahood frustrating. What I really love about this mama blogging experience, however, is all the support there is to be found in the mama blogging community.

This blog was born out of my experience with a group of women I tend to just refer to in "real life" as "My Mamas." Back when I was working on getting pregnant, I ended up on an internet message board full of women who were all in the "Trying to Make a Baby" boat. We shared resources, experiences, frustrations and eventually (for nearly all of us) the joys of pregnancy and now mamahood. It is a fantastic community of women all over the globe who are always there for me with wisdom, support, empathy, and the ability to make me laugh wildly. I appreciate them so much, and love to give back and support them whenever they need it.

One of our mamas needs it... and she needs more help than I can give her alone, so I want to tell you about her to see if you can help me help HER. After a normal pregnancy, my friend dealt with the blow of realizing that her gorgeous baby girl was born with a life-altering disease. It was something I had never heard of, and I'm betting most of you haven't either: Prader-Willi Syndrome. She and her family have handled this news with amazing strength and grace, and I have the greatest admiration for them all. Baby Lillian is a gorgeous, laughing, smiling girl who will need her family and community's special love and assistance for the rest of her life.

Two other women from our online community have decided to run to help fund the search for a cure for this genetic disorder. This is the kind of amazing love and support we have fostered in this fantastic group of women, and I am proud to be among them. I am not someone who has a lot of extra money lying around (heck, my husband and I are both ACTORS!) But anything you can donate, $1, $5, will add up and help this amazing family and this wonderful little girl.

I know that if I needed something from my friends online they would jump to help in a nanosecond. And they have, giving me advice, smiles and providing me with a laugh right when I need it. My small donation could turn into a huge help for this family with all of YOUR help. This is the beauty of blogging, the ability to communicate with you all and together make a difference for this family. Please take a minute to go to the fundraising page, and help in any way you can. You can get there by clicking on the badge on the left of my page...

0 comments:

Post a Comment