
So back when I started blogging, my fantastically talented friend Kit revamped the look of my blog for me. (Let's face it, the 6 options blogger offers you aren't going to win any awards anytime soon.) I am so grateful to her for her time, talent and help...
Recently, however, I realized my header was seriously out of date. (Additionally, I had worded it poorly to begin with, stating that I was a wife in May and a soon-to-be mom in July implied that I was 7 months pregnant when DH and I tied the knot. There was actually a YEAR and two months between these two events...whoops.) I went poking around Kit's brilliance and realized two things: a) HTML is a foreign language (is that what you use to make these things? am I right in that at least?) and b) I had absolutely no idea how to change my header. Or anything. I was stuck in a cycle of blog design illiteracy.
Lovely Kit has recently birthed a gorgeous little guy (Hi Simon!) who is deserving of all her time and attention, and I couldn't bring myself to ask for her free help again. So I decided to start perusing blogs looking for a style I liked, in hopes of finding someone to pay to fix my blog issues.
I kept seeing the same button on all the blogs of my favorite ladies... IndieChick Designs. I decided I had to check her out, clearly she had serious skills and talent that I am lacking. When I found the design kit with music and rain elements I knew I had found my match.
Thank you Emma, for saving me from myself and making my blog fresh, fancy, and accurate. :) (Notice, I left a descriptor OUT of the header this time. The "About Me" section? This I can handle.)
Welcome to my fancy new blog. I am hoping that -as I like to show off a new pair of shoes and thus wear them too often - the serious cuteness will keep me blogging as often as I hope to. I mean it's so cute, I have to show it off, right?!
PS. No, I don't have these Manolos... but a girl can dream...
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
my blog has it's Fancy Pants on...
Posted by lady gray at 8:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












5 comments:
Love your blog and think it's absolutely adorable!! Thanks so much for coming by today and I am a new follower :)
It looks awesome!! (Simon says 'Hi' back and big smooches!) I'm so glad I'm back to the blogging world so I can follow you! :)
Isn't Emma awesome! Added your button btw.
E- Emma is totally awesome! Thank you for sportin' my button, woot!
I haz envies over your fancy blog. :) Looks really good!
Post a Comment