Saturday, September 17, 2011

time sure flies...

When you are busy with two fantastic boys. (Well, three if you count E... which I sometimes do.) :)




Elliot is 2. He is 2, and he HAS been 2 for over 2 months. Um, whoops. He is rattling his doorknob as I type, attempting to free himself from bedtime. Smack dab ON his second birthday he climbed out of his crib, many times. E and I ultimately decided that we'd rather he be able to get himself back into bed on his own, and not curl up to sleep on his rug (as he did that night.) So at age 2 years and 1 day, Elliot's crib was transformed into a toddler bed.

(Now he is claiming that he "Wants to go potty.")

--Pause in blogging to go indulge him in trying to go potty. Or, as it turns out, to take part in "Further Adventures in Toddler Manipulation." HA. I had to give it a shot, what if he ACTUALLY went potty?! He didn't. He did sit on the potty while peppering me with questions, one of his favorite activities. --

Speaking of which, his NEW favorite question is "What's that sound?" which he generally asks while cocking his head to the side and placing one hand flat on his ear. Very seriously cute.



So yes. He sleeps in a big boy bed (after playing around his room for an hour or so.) Every now and then he decides he'd rather build a nest on the carpet next to his bed and sleep there. OR he just lays down on the hardwood with a pillow and blanket. This choice I do not understand. E and I go in at some point and move him into bed on these occasions.

He loves music (often requesting Sara Bareilles, Adele, or any number of hip-hop songs we encounter on the radio "I like THIS one! This music!") He will request dance parties several times a week "I want to dance!" Just this morning we danced around in circles, next to Grayson in his Jumperoo. We each held a seahorse; El held his, and I held Grayson's for him. Pretty awesome stuff.

He also looooves sports. He loves to hit or kick balls, throw baskets ("Money!") but most of all? He loves to golf. I really should count how many times a day I hear one of the following phrases:
"I want to hit golf!"
"I want to hit golf outside!"
"I want to hit golf at the golf course!"
"I want to hit golf in the hole!"
"I want to hit golf in the backyard!"
or, my favorite:
"I want to hit golf at the golf course off a tee!"



Ooooh my. He wants to "hit golf!" all day, every day, and asks everyone to join him. Adorable.

He has his moments of 2-tasticness. Every day it's something. He whines more than he used to, and wants to be carried EVERYWHERE. I understand why: he sees his brother get carried everywhere, and his brother gets attention when he cries. It all makes perfect sense. That doesn't mean it isn't occasionally seriously annoying, because it is. :) He fights to be in charge, and I have to remind him constantly that he is not actually the one in charge. But ultimately, he is a really REALLY good and sweet kid.

He can count to 16... he recognizes most of the letters of the alphabet and can tell me what sound most of them make, and can give me examples of what words start with those letters. As of yesterday, he loves the movie "Rio." :) He loves to cuddle on our bed, can jump and DOES jump everywhere, and always wants to make sure that "Brother come too!"

He's my sweetheart, he's Daddy's boy - fitting as he looks JUST like him - it sounds like he is finally asleep and I can't wait to see what he's up to tomorrow.








0 comments:

Post a Comment