Monday, September 19, 2011

my random Starbucks-ing

firstly, i love turning "Starbucks" into a verb.

moving on. i was catching up on blogs the other day, and loved reading about Carina over at a punk, a pumpkin and a peanut and her "Bakin' it to the Streets" idea. (Go read about it, it's great.) I thought, the boys and I could do more good around town. Mind you, I have a 2 year old and a 5 month old, I'm not making any grand plans. I just thought, let's brighten a random person's day.

We know how much I love Starbucks (too much... is there a 12 Step program?) so today we just did a random Starbucks-ing. When I paid, I paid for the drink of the person behind me. Easy-peasy, no big heroics, cost me $4.90 However, I looooove Starbucks. If I got up to the window to pay for my coffee delight and found out it had been paid for? My entire morning, BOOM! Made in an under $5 second. So, I figured, pass it on.

My little insta-treat? Richard (my drive-thru-barista... baristo? It seems strange to call a man a barista, anyway) asked "Do you know the guy behind you?" and I said "No, just performing a random Starbucksing. Tell him to have a nice day." He laughed and said "That's awesome! That guy is my friend from middle school." So good. I love it. As I drove away I heard a HONK and smiled.

I realize this could read like I'm tooting my own horn, which would be a ridiculous thing to do for buying someone's coffee... however, reading Carina's blog put the wee idea in my head, so I'm passing it (and her blog) on to you.




3 comments:

Hay Hay said...

That is awesome! I LOVE it!!

Desi said...

I saw this idea too! Such a sweet way to brighten someone's day.

Carina Schoen said...

I can't believe I am just now reading this. I love that you did this and I LOVE that you linked up. I always worry I sound like I am tooting my own horn, but I think maybe it'll encourage someone else to do the same thing, and that's worth it, right? Happy Starbucksing. I, too, am totally addicted.

Post a Comment