Wednesday, August 3, 2011

on my Lil Sunshine...




Remember back when I worried that I wouldn't have enough room to love both my boys? Turns out that was a really silly concern...

Grayson is our Lil Mister Sunshine. He wakes up smiling, he falls asleep smiling (literally.) A few minutes ago he choked on some milk, looked up at me and smiled. When he isn't smiling, he's making the best coo noises on the planet. Sweet little lovebird coos, they totally melt my heart. He has this habit of laying on his back and bringing his wee hands together near his face and then pressing the soles of his feet together and it just is the cutest thing ever. We call him our Little Otter in those moments.

It's amazing to me that I can see his little personality SO clearly at a mere 3 months old. It makes me want to go back and have a do-over with Elliot at this age. I think back with Elliot I missed his little personality thinking that it was just "how a baby is." Now I SEE Grayson, in all the ways he is different to his big brother.

Grayson arrived skinnier than Elliot, and that remains to be true. However they are both proving to be strong, wiry babies. From the get go both Elliot and Grayson loved to "stand" on your lap. While lifting Elliot felt like grasping a tree trunk, Grayson is like grabbing a really sturdy branch on that tree. :)



Unlike Elliot, Grayson is mellowing into a much calmer, more self-sufficient little guy. Yesterday he sat outside in his bouncy chair and watched Elliot and I play in the yard for a good 45 minutes without a single complaint. Sweet Elliot would make me feel lucky if I had 10 minutes to make breakfast before he let me know that he needed to be entertained.

Also, Grayson SLEEPS. Sigh. He is such a good sleeper. From the beginning, he has fallen asleep in the 9-10 PM hour, and slept that first stretch anywhere from 4-9 hours, no joke. The 9 hour days are few and far between, but there are more 6 hour stretches than there are 4, and it's just miraculous. The other side of that coin is that he is a evening cluster-feeder. Around 5 pm I basically post up in the rocker and feed him on the hour until bedtime. It makes me an interesting dinner guest, but it is well worth it.



Grayson cooked in the most stressful period of my life to date. I was sick, E was REALLY sick, and the doctors were monitoring Grayson's growth closely looking for problems and yet through all of THAT? I cooked up a really special little soul.

So glad to have you here, my lil sunshine.



0 comments:

Post a Comment