My sweet little second-born will be 5 months old in just 2 more days. He just gets better and better. Grayson is still quick to smile, but now he also giggles and chortles, coos and squeals. Sometimes he looks so much like me that I can't resist thinking "YES! I'm finally showing up in one of our kids!" Then I'll watch video of Elliot at this age and think "Wow, I gave birth to Elliot's twin... which means he will probably turn out to be a wee clone of E."
He is a good sleeper, oh my gosh. I put him down, he smiles, I leave the room... and that's it. Seriously. At 4 months I was all ready to bust out some Ferber on my sweet boy (mostly so that he would start to nap somewhere other than on me) and he must have read the book when I wasn't looking because he sleep trained himself. After the first week of putting him down in the crib awake for naps and bedtime went so well I thought all we'd have to do is help him to scoot his bedtime earlier. (It was around 9-10, and we were aiming for in the 7 o'clock hour like Elliot.) I think he must have ESP because he literally moved his bedtime earlier himself. No joke. In under 3 days he went from falling asleep around 9:30 to 7 PM. 
The ONLY thing I did in terms of his bedtime that I can take credit for is finally establishing a bedtime routine. We implemented the "Bath, Book, Boob and Bed" system that we used with Elliot and BAM! 4 days later he was doing everything I had hoped. Last night he was asleep by 7, woke at 4 to eat, and then continued to sleep until 7:30 am. Heavenly.
My favorite Grayson-ism is still his Otter move (hands clasped together, feet pressed together.) He still does this all the time and I melt all the time as a result. He is a very tactile baby... he is constantly feeling things. He reaches out and runs his wee hand across things, grabs at them, always exploring with his hands.
We recently introduced him to the Jumperoo... which I have renamed the JumperPoo. Something about this toy, my goodness. He was happily wiggling and bouncing his way into blowouts daily until we swapped up the diaper situation just this week.
He is still very happy to play on his own for much longer than Elliot ever was. This is a blessing and a curse as it enables me to entertain his much more demanding older brother, but it also makes me worry that I'm not engaging Grayson enough. Whenever I can include him in Elliot's activity I try to... and it will be much easier when he is able to sit on his own.
We found out at his 4 month appointment that Grayson had gained 7 lbs in 2 months, shooting from the 50% in weight up to the 90% HA. Looks like he was cluster-feeding himself into an entirely different weight bracket. The good news is that he has abandoned his evening cluster-feeds over the last month, freeing me from the recliner where I had been trapped in the evenings for months.
He is just starting to try to "talk" to Elliot, which is amazing. Grayson watches his older brother move around the room with a huge grin. I can't wait for them to be able to start to interact more and play.
Grayson is my chubby lil cherub. My round-faced sunshine. He makes me feel happy, and peaceful, and (thank goodness) well-rested. He is just the sweetest little peach and I love getting to know more of him every day.













0 comments:
Post a Comment