Tuesday, June 8, 2010

That giant sigh you just heard?



That was me, getting a much needed and desired pedicure. *SiiiIIIIgggGGhh* Delight. After a LONG and stressful (but awesome) week, a pedicure was just what I needed. And after a week of exposing my shamefully neglected feet, I couldn't wait to get them some TLC before more heel-wearing commences tonight. I chose a nice, bright, candy-apple red. The show I was doing last week was in the 40's, and I am in callbacks for another 40's show this week... so I wanted a bright, optimistic and vintage-y color. I'm feeling very pleased. (The color? OPI's "Red My Fortune Cookie." Delightful.)

The mention of the color (and the accompanying image) brings me to my last two points. Firstly, don't Google search for an image of "Red Toenails" unless you want to be surprised by some soft-core porn. (WHY?! How could I ever have known?!) Secondly, I found a picture that reminded me of an article I read a couple of years back about this Fish Pedicure they are doing places (I know for sure in NYC...) You put your feet in this tank with wee fishes, and they NIBBLE off your dead cuticles. The fish eat your skin off.

I will pause for your reaction.

Fish nibbling on my toes. Okay. I would be curious for like 5 hot seconds (I mean, what does that feel like?! Really?!) But to sit there for an extended period of time while the fish go all Chow Time on my dead skin? Can. Not. Do. It.

Has anyone done this? Or know of anyone who has? Please share. I have an inappropriate amount of curiosity re: The Fishy Nibble Pedicure. (Because, like the Red Toenail Porn: WHY?!)



3 comments:

Kelly said...

s;aogiehag;oeiahgo;eiahgeaoigeh.....that's what I have to say about toe eating fish.

Mama Hen said...

Oh my goodness! I have never heard of that, but wow! I'll stick to a regular pedicure. Have a great day!

Mama Hen

mrs.pinkpearls said...

I remember hearing about this! I couldn't bring myself to do it. It just seems really gross.

Post a Comment