Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day Surprise!

We just had the pleasure of driving down to my In Laws on Sunday to surprise my Father in Law for Father's Day! My Mother in Law and Sister in Law (aka, our Co-Conspirators) made sure the front door was left open for us, and we snuck up the stairs and peeked Elliot's head over the side of the couch where Grandpa was sitting. It was a fantastic moment that led to two full days of excellent visiting with family.

What made it even more special was that my Sister in Law and nephew (who turns 2 today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!) are in town from across the country. We hadn't seen them since Thanksgiving, and what fun to see Elliot with his cousin! I think it was the best present we could have given E as well, to be with his Dad and his son on Father's Day, as well as the rest of his immediate family.

Monday we braved the gray skies and took the boys to the zoo. It was Elliot's second trip, but far superior (in terms of his experience) to the first. Firstly, I think he was a little more aware of what was going on. Secondly, this zoo was VERY stroller/baby friendly. Each exhibit had a section of fence that was glass. So we could either just roll him right up to the glass in his stroller, or take him out and stand him there so he could see. He loved the Sea Lions and the Elephant, but the Giraffe was the clear favorite. I was holding him and the giraffe came circling around and RIGHT up to us. Elliot's eyes were glued to the giraffe the entire time, and he kept kicking his legs and exclaiming "Da! Da!" (the "word" that he uses to excitedly greet any animal, our cats, dogs, etc.)

We drove home early this morning for a week of meetings, and visits from MY sister, brother in law, and our nephew. We head back in a week to celebrate the wedding of E's stepsister, and I can't wait. What an amazing month of family, friends and WEDDINGS we have ahead of us.

And in the midst of it all will be... Elliot's first birthday.

I have no words for that occasion. I hope I find some in the next month.


3 comments:

Hay Hay said...

Awesome surprise! Love all the photos...& cannot believe Elliot will be a year soon! These babies need to slow down!

Mama Hen said...

Those pictures are so cute! Happy 2nd birthday to your nephew. It sounds like you had a lot of fun!
Hey do you want to join in on Thanksgiving Thursday tomorrow? Just grab my Thanksgiving button in my left sidebar and let me know so I can add your link. Have a great day!

Mama Hen

Kelly said...

Looks so fun!! I cannot believe he's turning one....wasn't it just yesterday you were throwing up mac n' cheese out of the side of the shower and IM'ing me about being in labor?!?!

Post a Comment