and today, Elliot almost did.
He's all tall these days and reaches up and pulls things down to play with them. This morning (following breakfast) he decided a fork was a great play toy, and grabbed one off the kitchen table to play with. Unfortunately, on it's way down the fork POKED HIM IN THE FREAKING EYE.
I am not kidding. My child has a big red mark in the white of one of his eyes, and a POKE mark where he got a wee stabbing from a fork. (We couldn't get to into the doctor today, but head in tomorrow afternoon.)
I'm semi glad I was in the shower when this freak accident occurred, so we didn't have to pick pieces of my heart up off the floor after watching it happen.
The good news is (there is good news?!) I am a mom who has had 2 ulcers in her cornea in past years, so I know that while a hole in the eye is certainly not a good thing, it is a fixable thing. It will heal. And thank GOD this happened in the white of his eye, and not say ON his cornea.
My husband and I also had a talk about needing to think a million steps ahead of our son, and to remove possible eye-pokers from grabbable surfaces. Not blaming E (you know, entirely) because really this height of Elliot's and his reachy tendency is brand new.
He is learning new skills, and now we must learn to counter act them. Ahh the ever-evolving role of parents.














1 comments:
Hope he is a okay! They just get into everything don't they.
Post a Comment