Elliot is not loving the veggies these days. Fruit, grains and dairy (oh my, SO much dairy) = Yes. Veggies? Not so much. So I need to find ways to sneak them in. My friend C (who often reads my blog and sends me emails FULL of amazing tips. Thank you C!) suggested a sandwich that she has fed her daughter, and I have tried it twice, and it has been a total success both times.
So what I did tonight is this: I roasted some of the amazing pre-cut Butternut Squash I got this week (thank you again, Trader Joe's!.) When they were finished, I toasted a slice of wheat bread. While the bread was toasting, I fork-mashed the butternut squash, and mixed it into some delicious cream cheese. I put some of this squash-cheese between the two halves of the toasted wheat bread and viola! A tasty veggie infused cousin of the grilled cheese that Elliot loves with all his heart and soul. He ate the whole thing. Yessssss!
He had an appetizer of cantaloupe spears (yes, Trader Joe's.)
Oh, and on the side?! He had some pre-cut sweet potato spears that I baked at the same time as the squash. Trader Joe's again.
I love Trader Joe's. And my multi-food-group-eating-son.













4 comments:
you convinced me...I'm heading to Trader Joe's in the near future! Even if it is an hour away!
Going to have to remember this. It sounds delish. I also really miss Trader Joe's. There are none in TX.
I love trader joe's too! Those are great ideas, I think Liv would love that sandwich.
I wanted to let you know that I made Liv that sandwich today and she loveddd it! almost ate the whole thing :)
Post a Comment