I love getting Elliot into the stroller soon after we all wake up and taking a stroll outside... we usually end up at Starbucks, but that's only partially why I like the walk so much. (It's also the only thing to walk to around here... so there's that too.) This morning E was home and was able to join us, which made it all the more fantastic. It's just about a 30 minute experience round trip (assuming we get our Starbucks to go) and it's the perfect little outdoor excursion before the city gets too busy and the sun gets too intense. I love that Elliot gets some outdoor air and stimulation so early in the day, and the fresh air helps wake me up almost as much as the caffinated treat does.
Then we come home and Elliot does some more playing (current favorite? Throwing his favorite ball to us. He can also say "ball" consistently now, which makes this activity all the more fun.) Then, he goes down for his nap and I enjoy the rest of my coffee (or, lately, my iced chai) in blissful, morning quiet.
Walk + playtime + Quiet Mama Coffee Time = a pretty nice way to start our day.













1 comments:
I love quiet mama coffee time! It doesn't seem to happen enough :)
Post a Comment