Wednesday, July 21, 2010

In Like a Lion, out like a...nother Lion?


Yesterday my great friend B asked me for the most momentous occasions of my 30th year of life. I sat there in silence for a minute or two before my husband said "Well, you had a BABY a week after you turned 30?!" My silence had nothing to do with denying that fact, or not including it... I was trying to decide if ANYTHING else in my 30th year qualified as momentous. Only one thing came to mind: we moved back to Seattle. Other than that it's just Elliot. My 30th year brought me Elliot.

On my birthday last year I was at full term, hugely pregnant, every second of every day anticipating his arrival. So he has really encompassed my entire year. And he is turning 1 next week, so really this week has been all about that for me as well. I sat at MY birthday party yesterday, making him a birthday card. :)I don't think this will ever change. Yes my 30th birthday and year of life brought him to me, but I feel like every year will be about him from now on... until a sibling arrives, at which point they will join in. Just like every day is a

bout him, every year of mine will be marked by his accomplishments that year. I'm not negating anything I might do myself in the future, or E, but it is difficult to deny that it all revolves around Elliot now.

Except one thing, last night's Lion. I ended my birthday with the most heinous, ragin

g migraine I have had in years. I had some visual issues while leaving my birthday and thought "hmm, this is weird" and 20 minutes later (as I sat feeding Elliot his dinner): BAM! Sledgehammer to the skull. I got Elliot into bed as quickly as I could, downed my migraine meds, and spent the

rest of the night in the dark with my eyes clamped shut.

Now: onto Elliot's birthday. Both sets of grandparents are coming, friends will be there, we will BBQ it up and celebrate my bug's first year of life.

P.S. Sorry about some of the funkdafied formatting... this is my first post using the Mac. I am a Mac novice, and I haven't figured out how to fix some of it yet. I will get better, I promise. :)

2 comments:

Hay Hay said...

OMG I love the tealight candles!

And I know exactly what you mean. The second you have a baby, their life is your entire world. I don't think it's a bad thing, it's just a wonderful change :)

Happy Birthday!

Mama Hen said...

Happy birthday! I get migraines also and it is not fun! I just have to put my head down and not move for a bit! I hope you have a great weekend!

Mama Hen

Post a Comment