Alas, it will not. However, hopefully the steriods I mixed into Elliot's yogurt tonight will help him out. The runny nose he has had for the past two weeks has morphed into the beginnings of both croup and an ear infection. If those two developments weren't enough of a party, we are also dealing with the cutting of his first molar. He is drooling so much he has gone through 4 t-shirts today. Eventually we just gave up, and he was crawling around the house bare-chested... our very own Teething Tarzan.
The teething has also led to a day long Nursing Strike. He has never done this before, and my boobs are protesting loudly. Gak. I think the strike has to do with the extreme teething adventure, and I am hoping that it stops tomorrow. Until then, the pump and I will be getting very cozy.
However, this will all come after the heaping bowl of Ben & Jerry's Americone Dream... because, while it won't cure the croup, it will cure my sadness after finding out today that I didn't get a show I really wanted. The good news is, I have two other offers for the fall... it's actually a really good position to be in. However, the show I really wanted? Which, coincidentally, would have been the best paying gig of the three? That one I didn't get. Gah. Rejection is part of the game, and it happens more often than we would all like. You would think that we would get used to it... but I think that's impossible. Because if you cease caring, you shouldn't be in the industry to begin with. It's too hard to stay in unless you REALLY care... thus, the rejections still smart. And this one more than others, because I was really hoping for it. The kind of hoping I don't let myself do generally, because if I gave ALL my auditions that kind of weight... it would be way too much.
Oh well. Let's hope that my son sleeps well... which I have a hard time believing will happen with the no nursing before bed. Either way, let's hope he is a happier camper tomorrow, because another day like today? That sounds kinda miserable, for both of us.
Ice cream, here I come.












4 comments:
Sorry you didn't get the part :(
I hope Elliot feels better soon...poor little guy :(
Feel better little guy!
And Americone Dream in a BOWL? Man, you are a classy lady. Mine makes it from carton to bellah. :)
Sorry about the croup and sorry about not getting the show you wanted. But perhaps it is for a better reason that you don't know yet. Maybe the next show you get will lead to something even bigger. It is tough being rejected, but like you said, it is part of the business. I hope Elliot feels better!
Mama Hen
I hope Elliot is feeling better! Have a great weekend!
Mama Hen
Post a Comment