Grayson, my little sweet peach, my muffin top, my Mr. Sunshine... is 1. I'm circling around how to process that and put it all into words in the way that best avoids cliche, and I haven't arrived at a solution. So until I do, I will share photos of yesterday's party. (They are worth a thousand words, I hear...)
(banner made by my SWEET friend Sare, over at Falling for Baby here he is - being all cute, smiley, and HUGE. big brother elliot, sampling one of (as best as we can figure) SEVEN cupcakes he enjoyed that day. hooo my. mr sunshine, enjoying some sunny snuggles with Grandma and Grandpa. i swoon at the cuteness of this photo. turns out, he really just wanted to eat some more pizza. he gave the cupcake an admirable few minutes of attention, and then had to jump into a mid-party shower with dad before continuing on. i didn't make any of these. the party was "catered" by Trader Joe's and Cupcake Royale. mmmm. snuggles with my birthday boy and Grayson with his dada both sets of grandparents and both boys... our sweet guy watching the sun go down and the last of the guests leave. it was a wonderful, crazy, fun day. the weather was miraculous (70-something and sunny, the kids spent most of their time on the back deck.) it's 8:22 AM and the kids are still sleeping, so the party had this ONE last gift to give me. :) kids. being a parent. having loving friends and family... it actually just doesn't get any better than this.






















2 comments:
Looks like a fabulous time!!
Happy first birthday to your sweet, sweet Grayson
Post a Comment