Mandy over at Harper's Happenings posted a "10 Things" (about you) type survey. I just started reading her blog (thanks to BA over at The Heir to Blair
) and thought - BAM! This is a fun way to say hello to the people over at The Haps for the first time! So, HELLO all you lovelies!
And awaaaayyyy weee go:
First, a picture:
(this is not my normal hair color - though my former 14 year old "My So-Called Life" crazed-fan self wishes it were. a friend took this and manipulated the color. I forgot the picture existed until this moment, and looooove the crazy hairs so much I chose it. In real life, I'm a blonde. Sigh.)
1. have you ever met someone famous? why, yes! i waited tables in LA for 3 years, and met lots of people (when bringing them food.) My favorites: Christian Bale, Leonardo DiCaprio, Steve Carrell, and Hillary Swank. HOWEVER, I waited every day of those 3 years for John Mayer to walk in, and it never happened. I still have to meet John Mayer... anyone out there have the hook up? ;)
2. what is your happiest childhood memory? hmmm... not one specific day, but summers in my neighborhood were amazing. there were about 10 kids our age in the neighborhood. we were behind a gate, so there wasn't any traffic, and the neighborhood consisted of 3 courts. we'd play roller hockey all day, and capture the flag in the pitch black (no street lights either) at night. it was pretty awesome.
3. favorite album of all time? have to go with CONTINUUM by the aforementioned John Mayer. He just got it really right with that one. Try to listen to "Stop this Train" without choking up, or "I Don't Trust Myself" without bopping your head. Part of what I love about him is that he's about a year older than I am, and goes through life phases and writes an album just in time to release it when I am smack-dab in the middle of dealing with said issues. But then other things he writes are so timeless that they will never stop being relevant. Love him.
4. are you a salty or sweet lover? Both. I go through phases.
5. what is favorite guilty pleasure tv show or movie? woah. I mean, "Center Stage" is a classic awful-amazing. "I'm a prima ballerina, what are YOU?" soo bad it's good.
6. describe your favorite sandwich. mmmm. simple is best. turkey breast with some sort of delicious cheese, lettuce, a tad mayo, yellow mustard, salt and pepper. avocado is a plus.
7. what was your first pet? Riley the cat was part of the family before I arrived, so maybe I was HER first pet? she was a calico and she was awesome and feisty.
8. what is your biggest accomplishment thus far in life? Wow. I mean, raising my boys is the very first thing that comes to mind. They are only 2.5 and 10 months old, respectively, but they are pretty darn cool so far. We've had some rough times (E's 3 month hospital stay, namely) and stayed pretty chill and focused through it all as a family and myself as a parent and so.. yeah, I think that's a given, that answer.
9. what is the first blog you started reading? the queen of amazing herself, dooce
10. if you had to choose one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be? why would anyone be so cruel? hrm. chocolate ice cream. it combines my two favorite things. :)













0 comments:
Post a Comment