When you wake up to find this:
You can pretty much figure you had a good night the night before. 
ohhhh, lady had some wiiiiine. As a result, I missed pretty much the first 2 hours of the Oscars. I mean, I was watching them, but mostly I was in a silly wine-induced haze.
Good news is I was in amazing company. Two of my best friends and my HUSBAND? Who is NEVER home from work this early? Amazing. I was drunk on the fun of an Adult Dinner Party with my FAVORITE adults, even before I was drinking said wine. Especially as one of these best friends lives in Manhattan, and thus having him over for a dinner party is a near-impossible experience. Huzzzah for life!
On the menu, for those interested: these quinoa burgers (with scallions added and shaved parm substituted for the cottage cheese in the recipe)
cucumber sandwiches (cucumber, tomato, spicy sprouts, grilled mushrooms and an amaze-balls civey spread) made by David, who is silly fantastic in the kitchen.
Balsamic carrots - 'cept I roasted mine... however they got a little, ahem, charred... so it was almost like they had been grilled on one side. :) Amazingly, they were still delicious.
and a spinach/feta/strawberry/raspberry/walnut/balsalmic vinegrette. yummmm.
I ate that entire plate of food, but it was so darn fresh and healthy that I felt amazing afterwards. That's the way to do it. Except for those nights that the way to do it is to down some pizza and beer, 'cause I love those nights too.













0 comments:
Post a Comment