Friday, July 17, 2009

39 weeks... that's just how pregnant I am...


Kat asked me yesterday about this, how pregnant I was. So I promised her that I would take pictures (almost on time, 1 day late) and post them for all to see. Sooo, here they are! (Impressive, no?)

This week has been pretty uneventful. Mostly it has involved walking daily to try to encourage this kid to relent to the force of gravity and COME SAY HELLO!

On that note, in my doctor's words: "This kid might NEVER come out." Ohhhhhh my. In other words, 0 progress. The good news is, we have a back up plan. If the Bald Eagle doesn't arrive on his own accord by July 30th, we will induce that day and hope for a July 31st arrival. While I sincerely hope that he arrives naturally before then (for several reasons) it feels good to have a back up plan (aka, an End Date.)

How far along? 39 weeks, 1 day. (6 days 'til the EDD, WOOOOAH!)
Total weight gain/loss: I only gained 8 or so ounces last week. AMAZING. I don't remember what that puts me at... still 35 pounds, just "and change" this time. :)
Stretch marks? Lots. Hips. Eric is convinced they are looking better. I don't know how that is possible, but I continue moisturizing them in the silly hope that it will help.
Sleep: Oh yeah, still bad. I realized last week (in reading back in my blog) that the sleep has been bad for over 12 weeks. WHAT?! (Was it 14 weeks? My swiss cheese brain makes either number possible.)
Best moment this week: Having an End Date, even if I hope we never get that far.
Movement: He moves constantly. My favorite move of his is when he kicks the mattress... through my skin. (He has it in for that mattress, I am not sure why.)

Food cravings: I am VERY much looking forward to my mini-pre-birthday party tomorrow, where I will have both pizza and ice cream cake (between which, we will play board games. For my 30th birthday, I am regressing to the age of 7 or so...) :)
Labor Signs: I never thought I would actively ask for my contractions of last week to come back... but why oh why did they leave? Come back, come back and be productive!

Belly Button in or out? I'm going to erase this question.
What I miss: Sleep. Being able to tie my shoes. Sitting on the floor. Or, to be more accurate, being able to get up without help after sitting on the floor.

What I am looking forward to: Taking naps with the kid where the kid is OUTSIDE my belly.
Weekly Wisdom: Hit 38 weeks, and start taking LOTS of walks. More walks than I have managed to take this last week... aim for that progress!
Milestones:Single digits.. kid due in 6 days. (BE ON TIME!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

GET OUT BALD EAGLE. Read that to him and let me know if it works

Jessabell said...

Is he here yet? Hope you are all doing well whether or not bald eagle has put in an appearance.
Jess xXx

P.s. word verification is cakev, heh heh, looove cake!

Post a Comment