Thursday, July 9, 2009

how to spot a 38 weeks pregnant lady...



tired eyes? check. giant belly? check. giant pregnant moonface? (yes, it has finally arrived.) check.

we have had an amazing week with the 4th of July, a Wiffle Ball game, and a week long visit from one of our closest friends. i have also eaten too many good things, darn bbqs, which accounts for the THREE POUNDS i have gained in the last week... awwwww yeah.

my plan for this week: pack that hospital bag, do ONE last load of pre-baby arrival laundry, and get Bald Eagle's corner of the room re-organized in such a way that i can actually GET to his changing area.

speaking of All Things Eagle, my cousin Amy sent us the most AMAZING package full of newborn diapers (that baby Dax has already outgrown!) as well as some outgrown/duplicate clothing. It was an awesome suprise box of joy, and I can't wait to put them to use.

Bald Eagle- even your dad agrees that you can arrive now. He is letting me start walking at night to try and coax you out, as of today. We are on board, we have diapers and clothing and a car seat installed... you are welcome to arrive anytime. I just wanted to make sure you knew that. We are waiting.

Onto a survey...

How far along? 38 weeks on the nose.
Total weight gain/loss: 35 pounds. hehehehehee. i hope i'm done, i can handle 35 pounds.
Stretch marks? Oh they just keep on comin'. Still just on the hips, but my left hip is a war zone. You can see them in the pictures, or at least in the pictures where I didn't try in vain to cover them with the entirety of my palm.
Sleep: I understand that I am being readied for being up all night, but it is still cruel and unusual that a 9+ months pregnant chick can't enjoy her last couple weeks of baby-free sleep. That said, this week wasn't helped by my up really late Party Animal lifestyle. (But man was that fun!)
Best moment this week: Looking at Eric and saying: "we will have a BABY here soon." It's starting to feel real... I feel like I have been so busy dealing with BEING pregnant the last 9 months that I haven't had a lot of time to deal with/get excited for meeting our lil guy. Now that it's literally a possible "any day now" scenario, I am getting excited.
Movement: Bald Eagle likes to party all the time, party all the time, party all the timmmmeeee (who sang that delightful 80's song? Eddie Murphy. Aww yeah.) Dr today said: "Some babies start to slow down around now, but your guy is still really active. This is a good thing!"

Food cravings: 4th of July = all things hot dog and ice cream. Bad. 3 pounds bad.
Labor Signs: I had my first bout of legit contractions this week. Woke up one AM (Friday I think?) and lay in bed experiencing 30 mins of what FELT like my period getting ready to start. As soon as I got up (to get into the bathtub to chill out the uncomfortable) they stopped, so they were fakey "practice" contractions. However, when I descr
ibed them to my Dr today she said "Those are them! Those are the ones we are looking for!" So, I guess it is good that my bod was getting the machinery started... now... let's get down to business!
Belly Button in or out? It's not even "out" anymore, it's stretched so thin that it is just plain flat. Oh well, better for under clothing I guess.
What I miss: Being able to get up, sit down, get out of a car, tie my shoes, without EXTREME effort.

What I am looking forward to: Being DONE with labor... ha. WAHOOOOO!
Weekly Wisdom: Ummm.... don't go crazy on the holiday bbq situation unless you want to see that +3 at the doc's the next week. ewwwww.
Milestones: Those aforementioned fake contractions... come back and stay for REAL next time! Squeeze this eagle OUT!

Soooo what else did we learn from the Dr (or, rather, Certified Nurse Midwife) today: Bald is still practicing breathing, which means that he is totally neurologically sound = AWESOME. Also, all of his lunago and vernix (the fur that kept him warm and the lotion that has been protecting his skin, neither word am I going to check the spelling on, btw) is floating off of him in serious ways in the amniotic fluid. This = a delightful full-term baby (and a less crazy looking baby at birth, for which Eric is glad. He was fearing the vernix.) Lastly, in her words, he has "Completely dropped." WAHOOOOO!

One last comment: I would like to now point out the shiny spots on both of the close up belly pics. I adore that my skin is pulled SO tight, that the flash reflects off of it. HA.

0 comments:

Post a Comment