Thursday, March 12, 2009

21 weeks!

Wahoooo! Eric and I celebrated (well, I don't think he knew it was 21 weeks today until 1/2 way through dinner, but it was still a mighty-fine celebration) by eating wayyyy too much food at a sister-restaurant of the place where I work. An appetizer, wine (for him) lemonade (for the pregnant lady) entrees, and 2 desserts and several hours later I still find myself resting, belly up, on the couch in my robe. My entire body is busy with the act of digesting that ridiculous ammount of food, so I figure why get in it's way by doing absolutely anything else?

Speaking of work, today was a rough day. About 30 minutes into my 6 hour shift that devilish nerve down there in the lower back (sciatica? did i spell that correctly?) decided to speak up and complain loudly... and proceeded to do so every step I took for the next 5.5 hours. Siiiiigh. Other than that, it was a delightful day of being a pregnant waitress (and aren't they all?!)

I share this lil pregnant waitress story with you before I go: As I left my shift, I transferred a table of 2 30-something men to the night server who was coming on. The guys were a fun table, we had shared some banter, and I knew the server would have fun with them. When she goes to introduce herself, they ask where I went. She explains that it is my turn to go, and she will be taking over. To which they laugh and reply "Did she go into labor?" *Insert my shocked face here* The night server laughs and says "Yeah, you guys pushed her over the edge. She is in labor in the back as we speak."

Guess people who don't know me can tell I am pregnant. I had suspected, but you know, now I know.

Tomorrow we have the big ass 30 minute ultrasound where they examine every wee bit of hair on Bald Eagle's body. I am excited, and terrified (as I always am pre-ultrasound.) So afte that fun event, I will come back, post pics and tell you all how much I am weighing these days (after this dinner tonight the answer will surely be: A lot.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment