Monday, March 9, 2009

20 Weeks (and 4 days)



Welcome to our spanking new baby blog!!! Woot!

If you are here, it is probably because you are interested in how the Baby Bald Eagle is cookin'. We endeavor to do our best - keeping you in update re: blog updates, ultrasound videos, and some sweet pics of my ever-expanding belly. (I plan on tacking one or two of those onto this post.)

Bald Eagle is going through a major growth spurt these days, or so I am told by the several books I am reading. This makes perfect sense to me, as I have found an overwhelming passion for two activities the past two weeks: eating and sleeping. The good news about this eating evolution is: I am willfully putting veggies in my mouth again (something that was unheard of the first trimester.) The bad news is, I have a sweet tooth that is in full effect. Oh well, you take the good with the bad, I suppose. :) (Insert evil cookie eating grin here.)

When you add a Bald Eagle growth spurt to my sweet tooth the result is, unsurprisingly, an rapidly expanding waistline. We had a friend over twice in one week recently (shout out to Noah!) who, upon seeing me the second time, responded to the belly sighting with a: WOAH! As he said, he had just seen me, and where did this belly COME from?! That's kinda how Eric and I have felt about it as well. It blows my mind that it is not even close to being done growing. In fact, this week, I am exactly HALFway through this pregnancy adventure. The fact that this gut will get much larger before this is all over is astounding to me.



I am going to end the blog every week (ambitious!) with a weekly pregnancy survey that I am pilfering (stealing is such a strong word) from Blair's blog. (I have seen it on others, so I am not feeling quite so bad about it.) After that, I will add on a belly pic or two, and call it a day!

How far along? 20 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Heh. I have no idea. I will find out on Friday (at least 10 lbs up, since that was where I was 4 weeks ago at my appointment. Oh let's face it, that number will have significantly grown.)
Maternity clothes? Yes, I love them, stretchy waistbands are saving my life. Thank goodness for the low-rise maternity pants.
Stretch marks? Not yet (you know, except for the ones left over from puberty.)
Sleep: I think I slept 12 hours a night twice last week, which is something I don't think I have done in years.
Best moment this week: Recognizing that Bald Eagles kicks are getting so much stronger 'cause he is just getting so much BIGGER. fun.
Movement: As I type, actually. He really likes to keep his kicks mostly to the left side of my guts.
Food cravings: Randomly, hot dogs earlier this week, then lemonade the other night.
Gender: So far, 2/2 say boy. We expect to make that 3/3 on Friday.
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? In, but rapidly getting more and more shallow and taught. Yipes.
What I miss: Let's be honest: with all the house guests and festivities this weekend, I missed a good glass of wine with friends.
What I am looking forward to: The giant ultrasound on Friday!
Weekly Wisdom: (I have to offer wisdom?!) Ummm... don't feel guilty for taking care of yourself and your body. You are growing a baby, this business is hard work!
Milestones: The aforementioned 12 hour of sleep in a night, I guess.


1 comments:

Leannabanna said...

Look at that adorable bump!! Your looking good!

Post a Comment