Tuesday, March 17, 2009

21 weeks, 5 days late :)




We spent Friday, Sunday and Monday (and I mean ALL of those days) organizing/cleaning/rearranging our apt to make way for the corner of our room now dedicated to the Bald Eagle. He now has his very own corner, with a dresser/changing table and a crib (woot!) 3 of our friends came over and were a fantastic Crib Crew, and it was put together in record time. It is looking fab in the corner of our room. Now I just can't wait for the mattress to arrive (which should be any day now.)

I'm going to keep this post short (sos I can get back to that cleaning) but wanted to post some pics (the Crib Crew, Eric and I -and Gonga- with the crib, and my bizump.)

How far along? 21 weeks (5 days)
Total weight gain/loss: 14 pounds! I feel so good about this number, 'cause I frankly thought it would be dancing much closer to 20. The bump it has grown, and I thought it added a million pounds to my guts.
Maternity clothes? Yes, yes and yes. I am about to invest in some new bras, for the first time this pregnancy. Not that the boobs have really grown, but the ribcage has (as the bump moves up in that general area) and the bras are starting to get a bit tight.
Stretch marks? Not yet (you know, except for the ones left over from puberty.)
Sleep: I think I slept 12 hours a night twice last week, which is something I don't think I have done in years.
Best moment this week: The moment where the u/s tech said I could pee pre-big u/s. I had overachieved on the water drinking (putting down 1.5 liters in less than an hour) and was in serious pain. When she said I could pee I could have kissed her.
Movement: All the time, it's the best.
Food cravings: Hmmm... this week. Milk, lots of milk drinking. Sometimes, with chocolate. :)
Gender: 4/4 say boy. In fact, it was the only thing out u/s tech gave us an absolute answer on, it is most definitely a He Bald Eagle.
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? In, and I vow not to take these last inny days for granted.
What I miss: Getting up and bending over without discomfort.
What I am looking forward to: VACATION! (starting tomorrow night)
Weekly Wisdom: When they tell you to only drink 28 ounces of water pre-big U/S... don't be an overachiever. Your bladder will thank you.
Milestones: ummm.... putting up our crib!

0 comments:

Post a Comment