
E would like Baby Brother to stay put until 40 weeks, if not beyond. I keep reminding him that A) he is not the pregnant one and B) he is crazy and C) if he keeps talking like this, I will punish him.
So, at 37 weeks with an officially Full Term Baby I say: COME ON OUT, SON! The weather's fine! (and it actually IS right now, shockingly. I can't say the same for 3 weeks from now, so you should really come say hello sooner rather than later.)
I was reminded while taking this picture (only the SECOND belly picture taken this pregnancy, btw) of my "Tired Pregnant Smile." Towards the end of my last pregnancy, the pictures started to fail because of my seeming inability to hold a smile. The technique we came up with was that I wouldn't smile until the VERY last second to try to catch a fresh looking grin. We had to bust out the technique on this picture. I think it worked.
How far along? 37 weeks. Full term! Come out and play!
Total weight gain/loss: So.. you know... 41 lbs. I'm fine with it. (I kinda have to be, as I'm not starting a weight-loss regimin now.) I ate my feelings this pregnancy, and as a result have gained more than with Elliot. Such is life. :)
Maternity clothes? It's either that or a bed sheet at this point, kids. Nothing else is going to wrap around this massive gut, and the maternity clothes are barely getting the job done on their own.
Stretch marks? Hips, and a few under Fred (the belly button.) Boo.
Sleep: What is sleep? I get it. Nature is readying me for several months of being up every couple hours to feed the little addition... however, I wish I could tell Nature to shove it. I just want to store up the good sleep in preparation for the bad, but Nature is stronger than I in this circumstance. The hips (and now back) wake me up roughly hourly. And the peeing wakes me up occasionally too.
Best moment this week: My Maternal Fetal Medicine Dr actually displaying giddy excitement as she said "He looks great, Michele! Totally normal! I'm so excited for you!" during my weekly u/s slash NST appointment to check for any CMV complications. Doctors rarely get giddy, they are too afraid of being sued. So her excitement was reassuring, and funny all at the same time.
Movement: He's a crazy, HUGE octopus. I renamed him The Beast this week when they estimated his weight at 7.9 lbs already. That's no small kid squirming around in my insides.
Food cravings: A cheeseburger at present. Still all things sweet as well too.
Labor Signs: The Braxton Hicks have arrived with developing vengance! I never had them with Elliot, so it's a very new thing. At first I would just wake up with them in the morning. Then a few nights this week they woke ME up in the middle of the night with a fury. Then two nights ago I was awake timing the suckers from 4-5 AM until they went away... and since then they have been making their occasional appearance during the daylight hours. So, things are warming up down in the Baby House.
Belly Button in or out? He is so present that my 4 year old friend Lucy asked her mom what was wrong with my belly. So, yes, he is noticeable.
What I miss: Wine. We have reached that place. I can't wait to drink some nice wine with dinner. I might actually be THAT girl who brings some champagne to the hospital this time. During the tour this week they showed us that we get our very own mini-fridge in our hotel room and I'm having visions of Morning-After-Birth-Mimosas. Yummm... (I just proposed this plan to E, and after seemingly thinking I was crazy for a few seconds, I got him on board with the word "Mimosa." So I think we're a go. Add champage to the hospital bag list.)
What I am looking forward to: Baby out of guts. The end.
Weekly Wisdom: When you go into the bathroom at the top of each Midwife (or OBGYN) appointment to "leave a sample" - remember to grab the cup. Don't do as I did this week and sit down blissfully to pee only to realize mid-tinkle that you forgot to grab a cup... and they are way over on the other side of the bathroom. My brain has left the building.
Milestones: FULL TERM, BABY! (and I mean YOU, Little Brother!)













5 comments:
You look adorable! I have to confess though, popped out belly buttons scare the bejeezes out of me!
adorable!
you look so good!! And we DEF had champagne the nite Tyson was born. It was good sister!
hmmm cheeseburger. No seriously you look great!
OMG,that peeing story made me laugh out loud. :) so funny! And also? You look awesome!! pretty pregnant lady! :)
Post a Comment