I know. It's confusing. You see the post title and you think "did she accidentally post something from May of 2009?" But nope. I'm back, and I'm really pregnant. (Surprise?)
Second children are kinda supposed to get the short end of the stick when it comes to documentation. It's just a fact of life, you are pregnant again (and that is just as exciting as the first time) but you are ALSO a mom. And, if it's your second, a mom chasing after a toddler (or some form of mobile, attention-demanding child.) And, in THIS case, you are also a mom who (for 3 months of her pregnancy) was chasing after a toddler while her husband was in the hospital. And having mono herself at the same time. No joke. (We'll get to that at some later date.) So, anyway, the second child gets a bit screwed in the belly-pic, baby shower, all things photo-and journal aspect of the pregnancy. (And I'm sure the baby book part too... but since we never got around to one of those for ELLIOT, little brother at least won't feel left out in this area. Score one for us!) OH! and yes, it's another little boy on the way... wahoo!
So about an hour ago, while I was scrubbing the flu-germs off of every surface in the kitchen (the fun keeps on coming, folks) and lamenting my early-onset-acid-reflux this pregnancy I realized... I don't have a single blog entry for this child. I do have a belly pic, but just the one. I need to record SOMETHING, darn it! If my husband bribes me enough with gold and jewels (snort) and a third pregnancy pops up in the future, I'd like to be able to compare all three. So here I am. Let's get it on. Er... or, you know, whatever.:
How far along? 29 weeks, hello bloggy world and 3rd trimester!
Total weight gain/loss: It's not good, folks. 27 big ones and still 11 weeks to go. (Note: I gained about 37 TOTAL w/ Elliot.) I blame the unholy pairing of Christmas and my Second Trimester. And all of the eating of my feelings. And the baking while home alone at night all through the holiday season. And my recent Ice Cream Addiction. It could be any one of those. HEY, but the giant flu I just finished wiped out eating for a good 4 days, so maybe I'm down a few Chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream pounds?
Maternity clothes? Dudes. Since about 11 weeks I've been in maternity pants (it was at 13 with Elliot.) For most of my second trimester I went glamorous and bought Target shirts in size Large and that worked. But now the gut is too demanding. It want's it's own pocket of space and will accept no less - or will poke it's blindingly-white self out of the bottom of shirts in protest if I attempt otherwise. So it's maternity all the way. And, amazingly, some of the maternity shirts have been retired because THEY aren't getting the job done anymore. It's no joke about what they say re: the second time around, you are just bigger.
Stretch marks? Just discovered a few new ones growing last night. Awww yes. Hips it is.
Sleep: Okay, you know what? This aspect of the pregnancy has been (I have to whisper sos to not be smote down by the Pregnancy Gods) not too shabby. Maybe it's the toddler chasing. The mono. The months of husband in the hospital. OR, more accurately, finally having the husband HOME from the hospital and keeping me warm and snuggly (where he belongs.) Whatever it is? The sleep is pretty darn good. I have to flip side to side to give the achey hips some relief, but I am able to fall back asleep near-instantly. This was not the case the first go-'round.
Maternity clothes? Dudes. Since about 11 weeks I've been in maternity pants (it was at 13 with Elliot.) For most of my second trimester I went glamorous and bought Target shirts in size Large and that worked. But now the gut is too demanding. It want's it's own pocket of space and will accept no less - or will poke it's blindingly-white self out of the bottom of shirts in protest if I attempt otherwise. So it's maternity all the way. And, amazingly, some of the maternity shirts have been retired because THEY aren't getting the job done anymore. It's no joke about what they say re: the second time around, you are just bigger.
Stretch marks? Just discovered a few new ones growing last night. Awww yes. Hips it is.
Sleep: Okay, you know what? This aspect of the pregnancy has been (I have to whisper sos to not be smote down by the Pregnancy Gods) not too shabby. Maybe it's the toddler chasing. The mono. The months of husband in the hospital. OR, more accurately, finally having the husband HOME from the hospital and keeping me warm and snuggly (where he belongs.) Whatever it is? The sleep is pretty darn good. I have to flip side to side to give the achey hips some relief, but I am able to fall back asleep near-instantly. This was not the case the first go-'round.
Best moment this week: Hmm.... Elliot giving the baby (aka, my belly) a kiss this morning was pretty awesome. Let's go with that.
Movement: Yes. Constantly. And, believe me, I've been paying attention. I spent Thursday and Friday of this week laying prone in my bed praying he would stop punching and kicking my flu-riddled guts. He didn't hear me and drummed away. I think he thought something along the lines of "This nutty body I'm in FINALLY stopped running around like a loony! I'm in control and the next two days are MINE! Let the gymnastics begin!"
Food cravings: My cravings the past few days have revolved around not thinking of food so as to avoid the barfing. Right now, I'm craving being able to eat ANYTHING but toast. Cheeseburger sounds especially good. Yummmm.
Labor Signs: Nope. They say your body "cleans itself out" before labor but - I promise you- all the "cleaning out" around here has been flu-inspired.
Movement: Yes. Constantly. And, believe me, I've been paying attention. I spent Thursday and Friday of this week laying prone in my bed praying he would stop punching and kicking my flu-riddled guts. He didn't hear me and drummed away. I think he thought something along the lines of "This nutty body I'm in FINALLY stopped running around like a loony! I'm in control and the next two days are MINE! Let the gymnastics begin!"
Food cravings: My cravings the past few days have revolved around not thinking of food so as to avoid the barfing. Right now, I'm craving being able to eat ANYTHING but toast. Cheeseburger sounds especially good. Yummmm.
Labor Signs: Nope. They say your body "cleans itself out" before labor but - I promise you- all the "cleaning out" around here has been flu-inspired.
Belly Button in or out? He (Fred the Groundhog, as named during First Round) has been out to play for weeks. Elliot thinks he is HYSTERICAL and pulls/pinches him. Ewww. I am also pretty convinced that Elliot thinks that "The Baby" - specifically - is the belly button.
What I miss: Shaving my legs without having to contort my body into bizarre, uncomfortable positions.
What I miss: Shaving my legs without having to contort my body into bizarre, uncomfortable positions.
What I am looking forward to: Meeting this little guy and seeing him with his Big Brother.
Weekly Wisdom: When you have had the flu for several days, pace yourself when returning to eating. Shrunken stomach + baby all up in your guts + acid reflux + thai noodles = BAD, BAD idea.
Weekly Wisdom: When you have had the flu for several days, pace yourself when returning to eating. Shrunken stomach + baby all up in your guts + acid reflux + thai noodles = BAD, BAD idea.
Milestones: I have returned to the blog. And done some official documenting of this pregnancy for the FIRST time. Phew. If you are still around to read this? Thank you for your patience. Glad to see you again, back in Real Life.













4 comments:
Congrats on the pregnancy! I hope all is well in your house now & with your hubs! I think you look amazing at 29 weeks! My girls were born at 29 weeks...so keep on growing baby boy #2! Can't wait to see more updates from you on this all.
WOW! Congratulations!! You definitley need to update us on allt he happenings that have been going on in your life. I saw your update on my blog roll and got super excited and then I was super surprised ;).
Congrats!!! I am glad you are documenting some of it. I enjoy reading your posts because you are hilarious!
Wowwwww congrats! Is your husband doing better? Happy to see you back mama.
Post a Comment