Sorry for the delay in posting, folks! We all had the flu, then we were better. Then last week Elliot had a 24 hour flu. Then we were better. Now E has a flu that consists of a rattling chest cough, achey body, and hot flashes/chills. So what did I wake up with this morning? THAT flu. Now we can only hope (and wash our hands, and sanitize everything, and *sniff* hold off on Elliot kisses for a few days) that Elliot doesn't catch this flu. (Hey, Universe: could we possibly get a break?) And with all of that I am 33 weeks along as of today... sooooo:
How far along? 33 weeks. Nutso.
Total weight gain/loss: Hmm... I haven't been to the MW in 2 weeks, but when I was there last it was up to a whopping 30 lbs. Then this week we learned that Lil Bro is already measuring 5 lbs 6 oz. E blames my Ice Cream consumption, to which I responded "IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAYYYYYY!" (um, right?)
Maternity clothes? Still yes. Still baby beluga belly sticking out the bottom.
Stretch marks? Not only do I have them on my hips now, but: while I was tormenting E with my horrendous belly button, he said "Wait! You have some stretch marks under your belly button!" GASP. What?! I ran to the mirror, horrified, only to discover that... HE WAS RIGHT. This didn't happen last time. I'm at a loss.
Sleep: Team. Let's recap my last answer, at 29 weeks, so we can more accurately compare: "Okay, you know what? This aspect of the pregnancy has been (I have to whisper sos to not be smote down by the Pregnancy Gods) not too shabby. Maybe it's the toddler chasing. The mono. The months of husband in the hospital. OR, more accurately, finally having the husband HOME from the hospital and keeping me warm and snuggly (where he belongs.) Whatever it is? The sleep is pretty darn good. I have to flip side to side to give the achey hips some relief, but I am able to fall back asleep near-instantly. This was not the case the first go-'round."
Sigh. I didn't whisper quietly enough. The sleep situation has rapidly disintegrated. Not only do I wake up near hourly with cramps/pain in my hips and lower back (like last pregnancy) now the ache goes all the way up my back to my shoulder. No joke. Things are not good.
Best moment this week: Going out to the theatre with my husband, and then again the next day with my bestie. This has little to do with the pregnancy, except that nights like this are so RARE in this pregnancy (and in our lives.)
Movement: All the time. He is a nut in there. It's fun.
Food cravings: You know, chocolate, ice cream, the usual.
Labor Signs: Naw. It's only 33 weeks, kids!
Belly Button in or out? Fred is out to play. I just wish he hadn't brought some stretchy-friends with him.
What I miss: Sleep.
What I am looking forward to: Meeting this little guy and seeing him with his Big Brother.
Weekly Wisdom: umm... I have no wisdom.
Milestones: Well, the baby is 5.6 lbs I don't want him to make his appearance for at least another month, but if something happened and he HAD to arrive, at least he'd be a good-sized baby.













1 comments:
oh wow I haven't checked in over here in a long time. Congrats on your pregnancy!! That is so exciting :)
Post a Comment