Friday, April 16, 2010

Honestly Late...

I was given an award by Bee (of "Baby Love") back in January. It is the "Honesty Award" and I am honestly flattered, and very sincerely tardy in terms of responding. I am hoping that finally getting around do honoring this award I will get jump-started back into blogging on a (let's not jinx myself here) semi-regular basis. Delight.

I am supposed to tell you 10 things about me and pass this onto 3 other bloggers. Hrmmmm, let's see:

1) I can touch my tongue to my nose. It's my favorite party trick

2) My biggest pet peeve is drivers not using their turn signal. It is literally our ONLY method of communication when we are hurtling down the road at speeds of 60 MPH +, and people choose NOT to use them?! It floors me and angers me every time.

3) I love to vacuum. Especially now that I am constantly getting down on the ground to play with Elliot. MORE especially now that we have a fancy new vacuum. Instant gratification cleaning, plus then the carpet feels all fluffy and nice beneath your feet. Delightful.

4) It turns out my sunglasses addiction has a basis in medical reality as my eyes are apparently shaped in a way (thinner cornea, I think it is?) that makes me more sensitive to light than the average person. I feel so justified.

5) When my mom taught me how to dive (in her sweet minivan, yessss) I refused to press the gas pedal the entire first day. Instead I just repeatedly coasted down a hill in our neighborhood, very slowly.

6) I am really bad about calling friends. It has absolutely NO reflection on how much I do or don't love/miss them, and everything to do with how much I hate being on the phone. I think it has to do with the fact that 8 of the first 12 months Eric and I were dating we were in different states, rocking the long-distance phone relationship. After that many months of being on the phone for HOURS a day, I am just really over it.

7) I have gotten so frustrated with politics that I have become seriously uninformed. It is something I am trying to rectify, but I still can't bring myself to engage in political debates. It feels so futile.

8) I hate being cold. I will actually avoid activities if I think there is no way to prevent feeling cold while doing them.

9) Since having Elliot, I absolutely CANNOT read/watch/hear anything about cruelty to children, or horrific accidents happening to children. This sometimes extends to grown men, as Elliot will one day be one. This is a trait of my mothers that absolutely DROVE ME INSANE growing up, and it is humbling to recognize it in myself.

10) I stole several of these from a "100 Things About Me" list I compiled 4 years ago (purely to save time.) It is amazing, reading that list now as a mother, how much of me has changed as a result of Elliot's arrival. Things that I used to think were SO important simply don't matter. This little guy, who I hadn't even met 10 months ago, has eclipsed them all. For which I feel so lucky, and am so grateful.

I am only passing this onto one fine lady, because she will do amazingly at it and is completely deserving:

Mariah, of A Splendid Endeavor.

Have fun, lady!

0 comments:

Post a Comment