How far along? 26 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: awwww yeah. I actually don't know the total at this point (I have to go back and read my own blog) BUT I gained 4 lbs in the last 4 weeks, which is right on schedule, so I'm feeling good about that.
Maternity clothes? Yes, and my mom got me some fantastic new maternity clothes when I was visiting last week. We went to the outlets, and got some sweet tank tops and a sweater at the Motherhood outlet, and 2 maxi dresses (60% off!) at the Saks 5th Avenue Outlet. Awesome shopping, all around. I wore one of the dresses to Easter mass, and then again to a play last night. I felt so good having an option beyond jeans or capris... (I'm wearing one in this pic... it's a bright grass green... lovely.)
Stretch marks? Not yet, and my mom told me last week that she didn't have ANY 'til after her second child... granted, I have some left over from puberty, but I am hoping that genetics carry through and this first pregnancy leaves me free of le marks.
Sleep: Oh does the sleep suck this week. Add the waking up on the hour to switch sides I'm sleeping on (to relieve the pain in the hips) the waking to blow my nose (courtesy of my cold) and sleeping has been a real struggle.
Maternity clothes? Yes, and my mom got me some fantastic new maternity clothes when I was visiting last week. We went to the outlets, and got some sweet tank tops and a sweater at the Motherhood outlet, and 2 maxi dresses (60% off!) at the Saks 5th Avenue Outlet. Awesome shopping, all around. I wore one of the dresses to Easter mass, and then again to a play last night. I felt so good having an option beyond jeans or capris... (I'm wearing one in this pic... it's a bright grass green... lovely.)
Stretch marks? Not yet, and my mom told me last week that she didn't have ANY 'til after her second child... granted, I have some left over from puberty, but I am hoping that genetics carry through and this first pregnancy leaves me free of le marks.
Sleep: Oh does the sleep suck this week. Add the waking up on the hour to switch sides I'm sleeping on (to relieve the pain in the hips) the waking to blow my nose (courtesy of my cold) and sleeping has been a real struggle.
Best moment this week: Hearing Eric say that he is really excited to meet the lil guy, and to be taking care of him. Very sweet.
Movement: Yes! and he is just SO much bigger! I get lil head bumps way down in my left, um, pubic area... and then big ol' kicks/whacks in my upper right ribcage. He's stretched all over the gut right now.
Food cravings: Tuna salad sandwiches (a really bizarre one for me), chocolate, ummmm.... that's about it this week.
Gender: Still aboy. :)
Labor Signs: None
Movement: Yes! and he is just SO much bigger! I get lil head bumps way down in my left, um, pubic area... and then big ol' kicks/whacks in my upper right ribcage. He's stretched all over the gut right now.
Food cravings: Tuna salad sandwiches (a really bizarre one for me), chocolate, ummmm.... that's about it this week.
Gender: Still aboy. :)
Labor Signs: None
Belly Button in or out? I will post a supremely distressing front-on pic of my belly. It will show that the button is hanging in by a thread when I am standing (when I am sitting, the button is all up and out and looking around like a bizarre lil groundhog.)
What I miss: Sleep.

What I miss: Sleep.
What I am looking forward to: Meeting the lil guy... still have 3 months to wait for that.
Weekly Wisdom: If you start feeling ill, drink lots and lots and lots of fluids.
Weekly Wisdom: If you start feeling ill, drink lots and lots and lots of fluids.
Milestones: I have started picking things up with my FEET in order to bypass bending over. This is when you know that you are pregnant.













2 comments:
I had to lol at your comment about picking things up with your feet. I will do ANYTHING to avoid bending over to pick stuff up. I never realized it would be so uncomfortable just to try and touch the floor!
Ditto on the bending over! I really miss being able to bend at the waist. If I drop something and it's not super important I'll just leave it on the floor. Looking fab as always.
Post a Comment